Since yesterdays blog was ever so interesting ( :) ), I thought why not do it again?
Today's science was on snails. The slimy, snazzy, snail.
I did go out to the garden to search for a snail so that I could get a picture of it, but I was unable to find one. So instead I went to the ever-so-helpful internet for an answer.
Here are a few snail-y facts.
- Snails have 20,000 teeth
- The heaviest snail ever weighed two pounds
- A snail can walk over a razor blade and not get hurt
- Some snails have been known to live up to 15 years
- Snails cannot hear- (Meaning if you shout and scream and hurl insults at a snail (as you do) it will not hear you)
- Snails hibernate during the winter and live on their own fat
- The garden snail is cooked and eaten as a delicacy called escargot.
- May 24th is National Escargot Day- (Run away snails! It's coming soon!)
- Snails can crawl upside down if they wish
Once again I tried a quiz, on the snail this time, and once again I failed. (4 out of 12 questions is pretty good)
This is the link to the quiz if any of you are brave enough to step up. http://www.quizmoz.com/quizzes/Animal-Quizzes/s/Snail-Facts-Quiz.asp
Oh snail, oh snail,
You are so bright and gay,
I just hope that you make it past,
the 24th of May. :)