Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 May 2009

Scary Spiders

This will be my last Science narration for a while.

Spider facts:

Webs get dirty and torn, so lots of spiders make a new one every day. They don't waste the old one, though--they roll it up into a ball and eat it.

Certain female species of spiders such as the Australian crab spider, sacrifice their bodies as a food source for their offspring.

Some male spiders pluck their cobwebs like a guitar, to attract female spiders.

Fried spiders taste like nuts. (This does not mean that I have tasted a fried spider)

Spiders usually have eight eyes, but still they cannot see that well.

Spiders have claws at the ends of their legs.



Spiders, no matter how scary-looking, are quite interesting. One thing about spiders that I find really interesting is their web. It is actually five times stronger than steel and it also contains static electricity that helps it trap it's prey.

Spiders
No wonder spiders wear bear feet
To run their cobweb races.
Suppose they had to have eight shoes,
How would they tie their laces.

Once again I tried the quiz and once again I failed horribly. Here is the link to this quiz. http://www.quizmoz.com/quizzes/Animal-Quizzes/s/Spider-Facts-Quiz.asp

Jordan

2 comments:

Carrie said...

thinking of spiders makes me itch! :D

Jordan said...

You should see some of the spider pictures I saw....oooooh....:)