Monday, 30 May 2011
Well I've been writing in this blog for a good, long time now.
Worn it out I think.
Here is the URL to my new, temporary blog-
I won't be writing on this one again :)
Thanks for reading :)
Tuesday, 17 May 2011
Teen Missions :D
I'm going to Vanuatu.
And I'm also going to finish up with this blog.
- It sort of became a bit of a chore for me...
- I'm starting a new, temporary blog about my teen missions experience.
So yes. It should be interesting.
I hope it goes well.
I hope you will read my new blog.
I'll post the URL as my last blog as soon as I've got the new one ready.
Thanks for reading :),
Wednesday, 4 May 2011
I don't like those 'that's.'
They make blogging much harder.
Oh well. Let us begin.
First things first. Our beautiful foster baby.
She is six or seven weeks now. She cries a lot but she also gives the cutest smiles in the world. The kind that make you want to eat her face right off.
We took her away with us to Bourke for Easter. The Easter Service, which I've blogged about a couple of years back, is a freezing event starting at 6:00 in the morning. She was bundled in blankets with a cute, red beanie on. I think she was asleep for most of it. C.o.m.p.l.e.t.e.l.y.a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e.
Whaaaat else have I been doing?
- Big sister Kylie visited for two weeks. That was good.
- I've decided to go to Teen Missions at the end of this year. (TURKEY, KENYA, OR CHILE??!)
- I'm prepaaaaaring for the Eistedfford in June. It's coming closer. I'm doing lots as I've said. The duologue is going to be with my friend Annabelle. Something from The Importance of Being Ernest I think.
- I know I promised to give pictures from Broken Hill (it was very good, thank you for asking)....but...I lied. Sorry. I meant well. But I didn't many. And. Yeah. Sorry.
Instead I leave you with this totally random picture of me and Emily's camera. I am jealous of this camera. Good bye.
Monday, 4 April 2011
- our new, first foster baby. A cute little girl who we've nicknamed Simba :). Cutest. Smile. Ever.
- the 'Annie' soundtrack. I found the movie on television the other night. I had completely forgotten about it from my childhood :). I've been crazy about the songs ever since.
- the fact that I'm going to a drama camp in Broken Hill tommorow (photos, I promise)
- the fact that I AM ON HOLIDAYS FOR AN EXTRA WEEK.
- Harry Potter.
- The Hunger Game series.
- the room that I spent a few hours cleaning today which is now dust and rubbish free. Very good. Very impressive.
- Tessie when she's flea-free and smell-free after a good bath and haircut.
That is all.
We love you, Ms. Hannigan.
Monday, 21 March 2011
This is what I'm entering in to for the coming Dubbo Eisteddford in June.
- Group Improvisation
- Group Sketch
- Poem for Two
- Prose Reading
- Bible Reading
- Sight Reading
- Poem Recitation
- Roem (Own composition)
- Novice singing solo (17 years and under)
I think I'm crazy.
It's the last one in a particular that is killing me.
If my legs shake from nervousness before doing a simple sight reading in front of people, how on earth am I going to sing?
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
I think I'm crazy.
Friday, 18 March 2011
What did I do this week?
Well, I'm beginning to like Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesdays. They're so quiet. So uneventful.
I do school and then- the day is mine. Sometimes I read Harry Potter. Occassionally I clean my room. I go for walks. I listen to music.
Thursdays are a little different.
I work on Thursdays.
And it's not so bad. I mostly make sandwiches...and wraps, which, I admit, are pretty tasty-looking. And I serve little children. Big eyes look up at me from below and hands rest on the counter trying to see above it.
I think I scare them sometimes. Especially when they say something like- "can I have a slush puppie?"
And I'm like- "What's that?" and lean in real close to get a chance at hearing their whispers. And they stare at me with large eyes and whimper a little before stuttering out their question again.
But it's still good.
And Fridays. They are busy. I help a friend with cleaning and babysitting. Then I have girl's group. Then youth group.
I like helping this friend though. Because she happens to have a very cute toddler, and a very adorable baby.
It was kind of funny on Wednesday. I was helping this friend. I was sweeping the back veranda while she sat out there feeding the baby. I lifted a cushion on the outside chair, screamed, and let go of the cushion, jumping backwards.
She stared at me.
"There was a mouse."
"Are you kidding?"
I shook my head.
"I don't like mice."
So for the next few minutes we had a bit of fun. We dragged the chair as gently as possible out onto the grass and squealed as the mouse jumped out at us. I grabbed a broom. My friend grabbed a cricket bat. We were armed. We were ready.
The baby started to cry. "Normally my husband hits the mouse over the fence with the cricket bat!" she said.
Finally the mouse crawled under a bin.
"I'll lift up the bin and you hit it with the cricket bat," I said. She nodded.
I lifted it up. The mouse, crushed under the weight of the bin lay on it's back. All four of it's legs waved feebly in the air. "Finish him!" I urged.
"I caaaaaan't!" she wailed. "I can't do it!"
I thrust the bin back down and took the bat in irritation. "I'll do it then!"
She lifted it. And I couldn't do it. It was just too innocent. So we left it under the bin for a while. Then we chucked it over the fence.
Monday, 14 March 2011
Tuesday, 8 March 2011
They're quite quiet...schoolwork in the mornings, a bit of cleaning, a bit more schoolwork...
Nice quiet days...
But sometimes you get little things, strange or good, thrown in...they make your days a little more interesting...
Like the middle-aged lady walking down the road very obviously picking her nose...in a long, thin, yellow stream of....yeuch...you get the picture -_-
And then there are the good times when you get invited to a ten-year-old's birthday party...and you eat just as much ice-cream as the little kids, or more... :D
Ah good times, good times... (I like ice-cream)
And then there are the amazing times...when you hide away in your messy room and eat flavoured bubblegum (which loses it's delicious strawberry flavour much to quickly) while reading Harry Potter, my favourite book as of late.
Yes, I like these times.
That was my Wednesday.
Friday, 4 March 2011
Tuesday, 1 March 2011
So last weekend I went to Canowindra for the Pledge Night. It was really great. I love watching the staff and the students pledge for a relationship with God...it's really cool.
So that was fun, as was catching up with some people. That night we had an adventurous walk down to the river. This included climbing over and under barbwire fences, ducking enormous spider webs with huge spiders in them, and stumbling through ankle deep creeks.
I was, in fact, very proud of myself.
I deserved the pancake breakfast the next morning.
Sunday, 13 February 2011
I am a lazy blogger. It's sad, but true.
And I blame it on Facebook.
Ever since I got Facebook, I have not spent much time blogging.
But I am here now to write a blog.
What about? I do not know. I'm thinking I'll just make it up as I go along. Maybe starting with my biiiirthday! :)
I celebrated my 14th birthday last Tuesday. I had to do school :( but I still had a really nice day because two of my lovely sisters took me out for breakfast, and my one lovely mother took me out of lunch.
Then we had a banquet-like dinner which included crumbed chicken and Hannah. S.
Aaaand, on Saturday, I had my birthday party. I think there were about 17 of us.
We went for a swim, played basketball, ate pizza, played Mafia, ect. It was good :)
And- in other news- I have gotten yet another job :) This one is just once a week at a Primary School Canteen. I am, after one week, a champion sandwich maker!
Oh, and before I go- I would like to say that it is my third year on this blog! :)
My first post was on the 2/26/09
Saturday, 29 January 2011
I haven't been writing very much lately, so, to keep you up-to-date, I will say (in a bulleted list of course) what I have been doing in the last couple of weeks.
- For Chrissie I recieved the most-awesome present of a drumset! It is really fantastic, and, so far, I have not heard a single complaint from my most patient parents.
- Not long after that, I did my first shift at the Bakery. It's pretty good, but as I said a couple of posts ago...all the pies look the same! Most confusing!
- I have also, in a very recent set of events, gotten ANOTHER job! Just one day a week, at a canteen. I haven't started yet, buuuut, I hope it goes wellll!
- I visited Bourke just a week ago for a week and it was great! Jetskiing, swimming & chillin with friends!
- I had my first driving lesson! Sort of...My friend Cherry let me drive her family's dune buggy. It was pretty mad. She had nerves of steel to put up with my panicking though.
- Atm- (at the moment, for all or any of the oldies who read this blog and do not understand teenages 'acronyms'....I think that's right???) I am at home with only my dad. Lucky Mum and Jenna have made a getaway before school starts, and the others have all found something else to do =).
- Oh yes, school again. Grade 9 this year. I'm making my way up. Slowly but surely.
S'all for today.
But I'll be back.
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
Wednesday, 5 January 2011
Well, I've just come back from my first shift at the bakery (that I am now an offical employee of).
It was tiring. Being on my feet all day. I can't tell which pies are which, so my poor boss and fellow employee(s) have to listen to the same kind of question all day. (Which one is cheese and bacon? And steak dianne? And is that caramel slice? Huh? Huh?)
I came home, though, laden with bread, pies, rolls, ect.
It was busy.
But I survived.