250g chicken breast fillets
250g beef eye fillets
250g pork fillets (Mum just used chicken)
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon sambal oelek
1 teaspoon ground tumeric
1/4 " curry powder
1/2 " ground cumin
1/2 " ground coriander
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1/2 cup (802g) roasted unsalted peanuts
2 tablespoons red curry paste
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 chicken stock
1 tablespoon kaffir lime juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cut chicken, beef, and pork into long 1.5cm-thick strips; thread strips onto skewers. Place skewers, in single layer, on tray or in shallow baking dish; brush with combined garlic, sugar, sambal, spices and oil. Cover. refrigerate 3 hours (or overnight)
- Make satay sauce (above)
- Cook skewers on heated oiled grill plate (We BBQ) until browned all over and cooked as desired; Serve immediately with satay sauce.
- (For the satay sauce) Blend or process nuts until chopped finely; add paste, process until just combined. Bring coconut milk to a boil in small saucepan; add peanut mixture, whisking until smooth. Reduce heat, add stock, cook, stirring, about 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Add juice and sugar, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
And it's really, really yummy!
And because I haven't written in quite a few days, quick three point update....
- I'm going through the sniffing, headache stage caused by a cold....Quite horrible actually. Jenna passed it to Kaity who passed it to Emily who passed it to me. I feel like one large tissue....
- Tom and his cuteish dog, Barney are staying...Barney is destructive, jumpy, annoying, yet adorable. Today he somehow got out and Emily and I searched all over until we found him, sitting innocently in the backyard of our house.
- I love free stuff! Jenna got us a free head wash, massage, treatment, and blowave at the Tafe that she goes to every tuesday. My hair hasn't felt so lovely in ages...
Now, I'm going to go help Mum make pizza...