Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 November 2009

Help! I'm a Prisoner in the Library

Help! I’m a Prisoner in the Library
By Eth Clifford

“How do you spell library?” Jo-Beth was busy with her sign.
“I can’t talk to you and talk on the phone at the same time. Just spell it! And leave me alone! Hello, operator? I want the fire department.”
Jo-Beth, meanwhile, was finishing her sign. It looked fine to her. In big letters, she had printed:
HELP! I’M A PRISONER IN THE LIBERRY.
Mary Rose blamed her father for forgetting to get petrol when he needed it. She also blamed Jo-Beth for suddenly needing the toilet just when he had left to go get some from the nearest garage. The library was the closest building nearby so they went inside just as the librarian was closing up for the night. Trapped inside, the two girls are left to themselves doing anything they can to escape, but calling the police doesn’t work, and Jo-Beth’s sign isn’t likely to work either.
This humorous story is for ages 7-9.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You won a blog award! Go here to check it out:

http://princesslolly94.blogspot.com/2009/11/from-me-to-you-award.html

:)