Search This Blog

Monday 19 April 2010

B-O-U-R-K-E Retelling

So, here I am, back from my week in Bourke. As ever it was great. My Mum's right when she says that Bourke has a continuous, magnetic pull to it.
So I will now bore you to death with some photos from the weekend...Keep in mind though that it's 8:13 PM and I only had 3 hours of sleep last night (my excuse for the very uninteresting blog title) so I will most likely make speling mistakes or not end my sentences with a period
Okay, so, photos...(I'm not going to completely match the text with the pics)
The first day we drove around a bit...
Went to the Darling Farms Sports Centre for a swim and tan...
And took some photos that show the real, natural beauty of Bourke.

I had brought Robin Hood Series 1 along with us so while we were there we watched all the episodes. So fantastic and sad and wonderful and I could not help but tear up...the wuss problem again...
We had a fire with some friendlies...
And played jailbreak...
....Which resulted in several broken sprinkles, a bleeding toe, a quite a few bush scratches...

There was music...

...And swimming/tanning...

...Which resulted in a very interesting bracelet tan...

I, for the first time ever ,faced my fears of the clutch and rode a manual motorbike twice...got up to third gear on the jumps baby! V. proud of me!

We got some pretty good Toyota shots...

And mostly spent time with good friends...


Ummm...yep...that's it...and, to finish off, we were not harmed by the Gidgee Man, the ghost that haunts Pera Bore, or that creepy thing in the bushes...
And I got up to third gear, baby!




1 comment: