Search This Blog

Friday 3 April 2009

Sewing...and more

I'm really glad that it's weekend right now. After a hard week of school I think I deserve a rest.

This morning Mum, and my two of my older sisters went forty-five minutes (Well, it was more like an hour with my sister driving) to a place where a group meets every month to sew.

I'm not really much of a sewer because I'm not very precise and also because I'm not very good at sitting still unless I'm reading a good book.
Anyway here is a picture of all the patches I have so far.




Supposedly in the end we are going to make it into a quilt. The top middle one is the one we did today. I think it's called buttercup.


Hmmm, what else is new? Well last night we had some friends over for dinner. Afterwards we watched, 'The Road to El Dorado.' That was pretty fun. That movie is so funny, especially if you watch the expressions on the characters faces.


I also wrote a new book review yesterday.


Here it is.

Chinese Cinderella: The Secret Story of an Unwanted Daughter
By Adeline Yen Mah

Chinese Cinderella is an enjoyable nonfiction book about the unfortunate life of a little girl, Adeline.
All through childhood, her brothers and sisters hated Adeline because her mother died while giving birth to her.
Since she was considered bad luck she was mostly left to herself, feeling useless and unwanted. Her stepmother, a young Eurasian beauty, hated her and mistreated her. Adeline is despised, unloved, and sent away from home, but Chinese Cinderella is not just the story of that, but also the telling of how she defeated, and overcame all of that to prove her value.
The author writes about her childhood, how she survived it, as well as telling a little about life in China during the 1940s and 50s.
I truly liked reading this book because Adeline’s childhood was full of interesting, yet sad stories.
A wonderful tale for ages 11 and up.
If you liked reading this book by Adeline Yen Mah, you might also enjoy Falling Leaves, a book for adults that expands on the moving story of her life.
I would rate this book three stars out of five.

That's it. I really like that book. The way the author writes it is pretty cool.

In other news I got a new jumper. This is picture of it.




I'll probably take it with me to Bourke where my family and I are most likely going for Easter.

That's all I have to say for now,
Jordan




2 comments:

Kylie said...

nice jumper.
you sold me on the book. i w ill look out for falling leaves.
awesome quilt.
awesome sister.
xx.

Jordan said...

awwwww,you so sweet.I love you lots.
xoxo